LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster not saved correctly in Append Control Image to Report VI

[LV8 with Windows XP]

I'm using the Append Control Image to Report VI to save the image of a control to Word (the same problem occurs if I save to Excel). This VI seems to work fine with all my controls except clusters. Not all of the contents of the cluster show up in the saved image. I have to expand the edges of the cluster way beyond the cluster contents in order for all the contents to show up in the saved image. Is this a bug? Is there a way to "realign" the contents of the cluster within the boundaries?

George
Message 1 of 10
(4,449 Views)

Hi George,

I was able to reproduce this problem...it looks like the Get Image method on clusters is returning the incorrect image (specifically, extra gray space is applied in the image at the top of the cluster).  For now, the only workaround I could find is the one you mentioned...make some extra blank space at the bottom of the cluster.  I will report this issue immediately.

Thanks for reporting this bug,

-D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,442 Views)

Thanks for confirming that so quickly. I wish there was a better work around. My front panel is already a little cramped for space.

George

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,435 Views)
I have exactly the same problem than GS !
Workaround works fine (thanks GS) but it's not clean for display !
Have you information about fix for this problem ?

thanks

nicolas
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,399 Views)

Hi Nicolas,

I don't have any other information about this problem, other than it has been reported to R&D and we're looking to get it fixed in a future LabVIEW version.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,395 Views)

Could one of you post an image that illustrates this issue?

Curious,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,392 Views)

Hi Ben,

Run the attached VI in LabVIEW 8.0...it demonstrates the problem.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,390 Views)

Thank you Darren.

That is indeed an ugly bug. The good news is the background color bug from LV 6.0 has been fixed.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 02-16-2006 11:17 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,383 Views)
Hi,

just had a customer with the problem with this cluster picture function and I wrote a little VI that manually gets the picture, resizes it to the cluster and the rest is up to you. The only thing is, that you have to place the "zero point" of the frontpanel in the upper left corner to get the proper image.
For Users who want to upgrade: This issue is fixed with the next LabVIEW release.

Best Regards,
 Andreas Pistek
~~~ Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence ~~~
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,194 Views)
This was reported to R&D (# 3SEFN2UF) and was fixed in LabVIEW 8.2. Here is a link to the current evaluation software download for LabVIEW.

Thanks!
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
Message 10 of 10
(4,134 Views)