LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Loop Control Oscillate with Various Set point and Disturbance

Hi all,
I am new to PID applications, and am currently working a project implementing PID control to Maintain Constant Pressure of Power Steering Gear by Varying Load of the cylinder (Varying the Cylinder Pressure by using Proportional Valve) Connecting to the Shutter shaft of the Gear. First of all i will explain my Rig Setup:
1) It consist of Hydro motor which rotate the input Shaft(Valve Shaft) of the gear.
2) Shutter Shaft (Output shaft) Is connected to Cylinder Piston Via Pitman Arm (Rotating motion is converted in to Linear Motion).
3) Proportional Valve is Connected to the Cylinder Line for Applying load by Varying the Pressure.
4) Seperate Pressure Relief Valve for Cylinder forward and Reverse Direction.
5) Main Relief valve.
Test Procedure:
Rotate the input shaft by using Hydro motor in CW and CCW direction,and Apply the opposing load in Output shaft by varying Cylinder pressure by using proportional valve to maintain the Gear Pressure at desire value.
To maintain Constant pressure am implementing PI COntroller where my PV is the Gear Oil Pressure(+/10 vdc) and my Output is Proportional Valve (+/- 10vdc), I have tuned my System by using ZN method and my system works well for particular set point, If i disturb my system by increase the Setpoint or varying the Cylinder relief pressure the response of the system become overshoot beyond the setpoint, I have to Control my system to work at any Relief pressure at Desired Set point. So kindly Suggest me some Controlling methods.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,614 Views)

Hi SVR,

some hints:

- PI(D) controllers work best with linear systems. Your systemprobably is very non-linear…

- "gain scheduling"…

- "bias" aka "feed forward"

You know Wikipedia?

A (good) book about system control might help too…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,591 Views)

hi 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,111 Views)