Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close SubVI Front Panel

Yes that is better, but the while loop is still not necessary 😛

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 32
(1,449 Views)

Can't open those VI files, they're in LV 2012....    I'm running 2010.

So back to the References.    I'm right-clicking the TEST control on the MainVI, and creating a Reference off that.    How do I pass that to the SubVI?   Labview is not allowing me to connect to that reference.

I tried to create a new connection to the SubVI, but it will only allow me to tie to Front Panel components...?    The Reference only exists on the Block Diagram?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 32
(1,430 Views)

You can duplicate the reference (ctrl + drag) then change one of them to a control. Cut and paste that control into the block diagram of your SubVI. Then pick a terminal for that control on your SubVI. Now you can wire the reference from the Main to the SubVI.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 32
(1,420 Views)

we need that loop for continuous run and prevent subvi from flashing mode else when we stop that loop subvi will be close the thing that we need 
the only problem that exists is that if we want change data in main vi in same time see changed data in the subvi. In this case  we have to use data socket no other way exists 

elso I attach version2010 vi test them 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 32
(1,413 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 32
(1,400 Views)

Hatef,   Thanks for the try, but that's not exactly working correct for my end application.    I know it's not completely obvious from my VI's posted here, but the SubVI needs to continually refresh while the TEST button is True.    Your VI Executes only once....which would be fine if the correct end value was always present (which 14/15 times is usually not the case).   The end circuit takes about 8-10 seconds to settle to a "PASS" condition once the User initiates the Test.

Back to the Reference method with gregoryj:

The created Control from the Reference (copied & pasted to the SubVI) appears to have no effect, but I think I'm starting to understand what needs to happen now....I'm just not configuring something properly. 

Take a look at the latest, and see what you think?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 32
(1,383 Views)

ok test this I hope it is what you want 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 32
(1,364 Views)

Well, that TestVI works the way I'd like it...   Just not sure how to integrate that into my current project.      Will have to look into that on Monday.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 32
(1,342 Views)
feel free if you have question
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 32
(1,310 Views)

gregoryj  -   I'm getting a weird result when I create a Control from the Reference ( see attached Image ).    It appears to be a switch of some sort, but it is not functional?   Any idea what this is, and why it does not work?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 32
(1,281 Views)