From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock Routing example "Destination Terminal" = "BoardClk"?

Solved!
Go to solution

Several of the clock routing examples have a Destination Terminal of "BoardClk". I can't find any documentation on what this is or where it goes. I've attached one of the examples, "Route Clock.vi", which can also be found under Example Finder > Hardware Input and Output > Timing and Synchronization > Signal-based > Route Clock.vi.

The specific hardware I'm experimenting with is the PXIe-6674T. I've looked in the manuals for the PXIe-6674T and the PXIe-1082 chassis. Google has no results.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,620 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jchedstrom

Hi,

The NI-Sync examples cover a number of modules. Therefore, some of the terminals listed in the examples may not be available on the PXIe-6674T.

BoardClk is only a valid terminal on the PXI-668x modules. This terminal is used internally by the Multi-device PXI_Clk10 Disciplining software. With the PXI-6683(H), this terminal can be used for single-device PXI_Clk10 disciplining as well.

Regards,
-Tyler

Message 2 of 3
(2,593 Views)

Just looked at the PXI-6683(H) datasheet. It doesn't say anything about "BoardClk", but I've been warned that inconsistencies between hardware/software terminology exist.

Thank you for the quick response and the good explanation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,579 Views)