cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click on Labels not generate event

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I would like to generate an event when a user click on the label of a Boolean control.

I often have clients who try to click on the text of the control rather than the image of the control itself.

Normally, we can simply do this by create a mouse down event on the control.

The problem that I face is that my control is a strict type def.

I discovered that, for labview 2012 (maybe for others), the label and the caption does not belong to the control if the control is a type def.

i.e. labview will not fire an event (mouse in / mouse down / ...)  on the label (or caption) if the control is a type def (or strict type def)

I was wondering if something clever can be done to fix this.

I have already considered to put a transparent control on the top of my label, but I was wondering if something "cleaner" can be achieved.

I am currently working on Labview 2012. v12.0f3

Windows10

Thanks,

Nick

I do apology if this topic is already created, I have tried to look on the forum before posting.

I have also tried to look in bugs registry. But I didn't find anything related to my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,959 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicolas.P

Hi Nicolas,

use the boolean text!

It is part of the control and it will react on mouse clicks on the boolean text too…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(2,953 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Nicolas,

use the boolean text!

It is part of the control and it will react on mouse clicks on the boolean text too…

To expand a bit on this, hide the label on the front panel and turn on the Boolean text.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 4
(2,914 Views)

Thanks a lot to both of you for the quick solution.

Best

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,886 Views)