From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing Chart using History Data Property Node

I want to be able to programmatically clear at the beginning of running the program. Because I have a reference to the waveform chart I didnt know if there was a certain way I needed to connect the diagram or if any loops were necessary when using a history data property node. If you have any solutions on how I should do this please let me know.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mmmhmmm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,467 Views)

If all you are trying to do is clear the chart, then you just need to write an empty array to the History property for the chart.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,460 Views)

I can't see your block diagram because it is password locked.  But you only need to create a history property node, make sure it is set to write mode, right click on the input and click Create->Constant. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,458 Views)

Here's a pic of what was mentioned previously.  Note that it is a good idea to wire the error out to force it to execute before anything else.  Also note that I have two plots in my chart so when I created the constant it made a two element constant.  If you change the number of plots in the future your property node will update but the constant will not so it will beak the wire and you'll have to update the constant manually.Clear Chart.jpg

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,433 Views)

Don't do that!

Now what are you going to use as an example the next time you want to learn about "DAQmx Voltage - Continuous Output"?

Now go back and repair the Device Driver installation- Then make the examples and VI.lib Read- Only so you don't get tempted like that again!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,416 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Don't do that!

Now what are you going to use as an example the next time you want to learn about "DAQmx Voltage - Continuous Output"?

Now go back and repair the Device Driver installation- Then make the examples and VI.lib Read- Only so you don't get tempted like that again!

I saw that too.  I'm hoping he did a File->SaveAs

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,393 Views)