LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear/Overlay in a sequence of images

Hi everybody! I was wandering If some one could help me because I do not understand an odd behaviour of my app. 

I have a sequence of images coming from a mikotron speed camera, I want to overlay a square and a text of diferrent objetx previously setted using a checkbox, somethig like Allocate items in te image? (True/False) 

As I understood I have to overlay the texts on every image and then to clear the overlay just do it once. But it does not work. I have to overlay in every image and clear the overlay in every image too. It also has a blink effect sometimes quite strange.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,034 Views)

One of the reasons we request (and I demand!) that code be submitted as VI attachments and not as pictures (exception -- LabVIEW Snippets) of the Block Diagram is that we get so much more information from the VI.  Not only can we "look behind" the Case structures, but we can tell what version of LabVIEW is being used.

The function you are describing for labelling images sounds like a feature that was dropped from AVI2 functions.  They were always cranky and difficult to use (my colleague loves them, and if you are really "stuck" and submit your VI so I can really examine it, I may ask his advice).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,968 Views)

Sorry about the missing info.

The LAbview version is labview 2011 service pack 1

And here are the vi's involved. It is a huge app, that manage a magnetic tweezer machine, i can't upload the hole code but with this two vi's i think it will be enough.

DrawBeadsFrames is called from BeadSetting when the " BeadsNumeration" checkbox is activated, otherwise is called "IMAQ Clear Overlay" in every image because otherwise since the drawBeadFrames was called once, the numbers are appearing if I only clear de overlay once, that is the behaviour I do not understand. 

I hope now, is more clear my problem.

Thanks a lot, Maite.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,956 Views)

It makes sense now.  I think LabVIEW 2011 was the last one to use overlays.  I was able to open your VI, could "see" the code, could get help on, for example, IMAQ Overlay Text Front Panel, but in my LabVIEW 2016 system, there was no VI by that name, and the examples showing how to use Overlays were not in the Examples that shipped with LabVIEW.

That's the Bad News.  The Good News is that making videos is so much faster and easier without overlays ...

Bob Schor

P.S. -- Don't Panic!  On a whim, I searched the NI Program folder and found a bunch of Overlay things, including some Overlay Utilities in the Examples folder (but they are really hard to find!).  I found Read Write AVI With Data, that bears the following Overview:  Demonstrates how to use the Legacy AVI functions to create and read an AVI with custom data associated with each frame. The Legacy VIs are used because the current VIs do not currently support data associated with each frame.

So you are Living on Borrowed Time ...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,941 Views)

Thank you very much for wasting your time helping me 🙂

I understand what you say about these vi's are getting old, but for now this is the version I can use 😞

I want to say that I'm not trying to make a avi, just show the images on the screen with or without these textx i told you.

As I said thanks for everything!!!  

Maite.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,927 Views)