LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class static/dynamic Vi icon invisible after clicking "Visible Items/Terminals"? Why?

I created a class in LabVIEW 2014, then added a VI for Data Member Access; Static  Dispatch, & Dynamic Dispatch Template.

I'm just using the default ICON.  All of these VI's have terminals connected by default to the class instance and error (In & out).

I can connect up to these VI's, but when I right click and select "Visible Items/Terminals", the VI disappears.  It's still there on the screen, but I can't see it.  If I turn the label on, I can then locate it. 

Seems like a good way to cause some real nasty debugging problems (an invisible code segment).

What's special about the Static/Dynamic dispatch template VI's that they can be made invisible?  ...and why would you want to allow this?

Note: I'm currently using a trial version of LabVIEW 2014.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,097 Views)

Since it's the trial version of LabVIEW, you can only try to look at the VIs, but they won't let you. Nah, just kidding!

Can you share the VI you're having trouble with? Maybe the VI has no pattern set for the terminals, so it's not actually invisible it's just one big terminal.

Re-read that you have error clusters and stuff wired. I use dynamic dispatch VIs and VIs from the data member access template all the time and haven't seen this before.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,042 Views)

I'll try it again after I reactivate my subscription.  Then if I have the same issue, I'll contact NI support and ask them about it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,017 Views)
I wouldn't think this would happen from you subscription status, but I guess I've seen weirder things.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,963 Views)

Hi PointOnePa,

I was able to replicate what you were experiencing. However, if you hover over the VI from Static Dispatch Template or VI from Dynamic Dispatch Template the terminals are highlighted.  I definitely understand your debugging concerns.  I am looking into this further to see if this is expected behavior or not.

Either way, thanks for bringing it to attention!

Briana P.
Licensing
Sr SW Engineering Manager | NI R&D
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,932 Views)

Seems like a good way to cause someone a headache if they can't find an invisibile VI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,923 Views)