LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class conflict upon import

Solved!
Go to solution

I've got the most ugly sub VI ever created (not by mysself) that I've been tasked with maintaining and upgrading.  It's a quagmire, but it's a quagmire that works with a couple minor exceptions.  It was written using LabVIEW 7.0.  One of my todos is to make it work under Windows 7.  To that end, plus several bug in LabVIEW 7.0 which are well past the point of expecting anyone to maintain, I've tried to import it into LabVIEW 2010.  I have one "Wire: Class conflict" errors upon the automatic upgrade that I can't figure out how to resolve.  It is a reference to a tab control that is wired into an Insert into Array VI.

Detail: You have connected a refnum of one type to a refnum of another type and both types are members of some class hierarchy, but there is neither a simple up cast nor type cast between the two classes.

Warning: the attached VI is the worst of a collection of what-not-to-do VIs I am dealing with.  I'll remove it as soon as I resolve this issue, due to sheer embarassment.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
NI-VLM Administrator
Message 1 of 3
(4,265 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JulieC

I figured it out myself.

1. Create a constant to the Insert Into Array VI

2. Use that constant as Target Class to To More Specific Class VI

3. Use the original property node as reference to To More Specific Class VI

4. Disconnect the constant created in step #1, connect the output from To More Specific Class VI

Huh, no edit nor delete on the original post.  Oh well.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
NI-VLM Administrator
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,257 Views)

Wow, I just stumbled upon this post and opened the VI out of curiosity,

All I have to say is that I feel pity for you having to maintain this spider web from hell. No wonder some text based programmers sometimes bark at LabVIEW, it's thanks to people like that.

My deepest condolences and best  wishes, Julie

🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,054 Views)