LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citadel data Corruption problem

I had an online energy monitoring system. This system we are continuously polling energy meters and storing various electrical parameters into citadel database. We are storing about 150 tags/sec

The data stored in citadel database get corrupted after acquiring data for about 2-3 months. We had observed this corruption mostly when size become > 1 GB. Though it is not fix and sometime it had worked for database size more then 2Gb.

When it get corrupted it shows startdate and end date of logging in historical trend viewer some of year 1900.

Had someone faced similar problem or can someone tell how much data citadel can handle?

Also even if I set keep historrical data for only 30 days. It dhoes not make any difference. It do not remove data automatically.

One more thing which is bugging is even if in Tag configuration editor I set only keep 30 days of historical data it do not remove old data and size keep on growing.

Regards

Uttam
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,415 Views)
Uttam

What version of LabVIEW DSC are you using?

If you are using Citadel 5 with LabVIEW DSC 7 or 7.1, the maximum size of the database is 2 GB. For your situation, it may be a good idea to archive your data after acquiring 1 GB of data.

As Donald noted in response to your last post, using "Days to keep historical data", data is only marked as old and will be overwritten in time. In other words, the old data does not disappear immediately.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,389 Views)
I ma using Labview DSC 6.1 and OS is Windows 2000
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,348 Views)