cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome plugin for web publishing tool for LabVIEW 2012

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using LabVIEW 2012 professional 32 bit. Does LabVIEW 2012 professional have “chrome plugin for web publishing tool”?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,183 Views)

See the link here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/151BE12C055F57CE86257043006CB4B3

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,165 Views)

Hi Sam_Sharp

I have seen this page before. Unfortunately, in the attachment there are plugins just for explorer and Mozilla. Also in “\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\Current LabVIEW Version\Browser Plugins” directory there is no plugin for chrome either.

How can I get plugin for chrome?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,135 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author msad66

There is a note in that KB that says Netscape, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, and Chrome all use the same plugin for a given version of the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. You should be able to use the "Mozilla" plugin in Chrome.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,113 Views)

The note says:

"Notes for using the LabVIEW Remote Front Panel Plugins for Windows.

You must use the plugin that corresponds with the version of the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine that you are using, for example
the Remote Front Panel plugin for LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.0 is not compatible with LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.1.

The file LVActiveXControl.dll is for Internet Explorer for LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 6.1
The file LV7ActiveXControl.dll is for Internet Explorer for LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.0
The file LV71ActiveXControl.dll is for Internet Explorer for LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.1
The file NPLVWin32.dll is for Netscape, Mozilla, and Firefox for LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 6.1
The file NPLV7Win32.dll is for Netscape, Mozilla, and Firefox for LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.0
The file NPLV71Win32.dll is for Netscape, Mozilla, and Firefox for LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.1

Copy the appropriate plugin to your browser’s plugins directory, typically something like
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS or C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins"

It does not say anything about Chrome. But I will test that.

Thanks a lot diabeticdaniel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,101 Views)

Hello,

When I try to publish my front panel through embedded and requesting control for remote panel connection. The front  panel doesn't get displayed and later it would tell <Fatal error occured, during operation, closing connection.> Where as I have installed a Labview Run-time Engine 2012 with the required plugins. Still, I face such problems even though I have included the port number along with VI name in the URL. When I use snapshot and Monitor I m able to view the front panel on the web browser. I m facing problems with only embedded and while requesting control.

Please, suggest some solutions to rectify this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,675 Views)