From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chroma 6320x drivers missing chr6320x_32.dll

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

Recently my company purchased a Chroma 63201A Electronic Load and i have been tasked to implement this piece of hardware into our LabVIEW programs.

I have downloaded the LabVIEW 2011 driver from NI idnet (http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E909D659CE034080020E748... which comes in the form of an NI installer.

When i install the drivers they are placed in the instr.lib and i can access them from the instrument driver menu in LV.

However when i go to use the drivers, my LV cant find a certain dll file (chr6320x_32.dll).

I have searched my drive for this file and I can't find it anywhere.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers but the same issue persists.

I am running a 32-bit version of LabVIEW 2014 on my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit machine.

Can anyone offer any information on this or maybe point out where I have gone wrong. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,252 Views)

Having the misfortune of programing a Chroma 63201 myself I would say you are better off not worrying about the missing DLL because they are crap anyway. 

Scrap the Chroma supplied drivers and write your own using the SCPI commands in Section 5 of the manual.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,231 Views)

Hi RTSLVU,

Thanks for the reply, I wrote quite a few programs for the 63XX series loads and Chroma's 6160X AC sources before.

Documentation could be a better but usually the drivers do what they are meant to.

Did you have this issue when installing the drivers?

Is there anyone who could try installing these drivers and see do they get the same issue.

Usually the Chroma drivers are in a zip file and i have no issues but these drivers are package in a NI installer

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,201 Views)
IVI drivers are never in a zip file. The installer is necessary so that the multiple files (dll, .h, .fp, etc) get installed to the correct folders. Only the LabVIEW wrapper gets placed into instr.lib. Have you checked in the IVI foundation folders created with the compliance package? Did you install the compliance package first? What bitness of LabVIEW and OS are you using?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,187 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the reply.

Its doesnt seem to be in the IVI foundation folder.

I'm not 100% sure if the compliance package is installed, how can i check for this?

As said in my first post, I am running a 32-bit version of LabVIEW 2014 on my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit machine

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,180 Views)
The compliance package and its version will be listed in MAX.

Sorry, I missed the information in your first post.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,176 Views)

No Problem.

In MAX under software "IVI Compliance Package 14.0" is listed

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,168 Views)
That looks correct. Sorry, I can't try installing the driver right now. Do you have a pc with a 32-bit OS that you can try to see it works there?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,159 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Unfortunately i dont have a 32 bit machine with the same licensing availible.

I will keep searching to see if i can find a solution on my PC.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,143 Views)
One last idea is to try the cvi installer. It should be the same with the exception of the LabVIEW wrappers.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,133 Views)