LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose between sting control and string constant.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I need help with a program. I have attached what I am trying to do here.There are 2 cases init and add. I have enter a string value in the string i/p or string control and click add, it goes to  add case where the entered string value goes into the string indicator or output. Now what I am trying to do is if i dont enter any value and I clicked on add, then a preset string constant must go into the output. This is what I am trying to accomplish. The reason why I am doing this is I have done a similar thing as part of another program with 2 cases init and add. But there instead of 1 string i/p there are many i/ps and creating an array output. But the problem is everytime I have to enter every value and press add. I wanted to do it in a way that I enter 1 of the string values and the remaining ones it reads from the constant, Please help me how to do this, by helping me with the below attached program with 1 string control, 1 string indicator and 1 string constant. Thanking You in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,017 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vindsan

Like this?

As for the second part of your message, it is unclear what you are talking about with respect to arrays and multiple inputs.

Message 2 of 4
(3,008 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vindsan

Or, use Empty String/Path? in place of String Length and =0?

Lynn

Message 3 of 4
(2,994 Views)

Thank You very much Johnsold and Ravensfan. The second part is how I can implement this in the main program and I did that and it is working perfectly fine. So thank you very much. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,971 Views)