LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Scan for NI435X and elapsed time doesn't run in loop

hi brian
i was looking thru some NI 435X NI examples especially at Interval Scanning vi and continuous scan vi and i try to change my vi by placing
the start, stop NI 435X etc according to the above 2 examples, if i use interval scanning, everything is in order, maybe it is because in my previous vi, what i was reading was 1 point each but i use continuous scan "format" thus the error............

but just curious say for the continuous scan vi, what they output is a graph indicator, is it possible to output values such that it can output to say into a formula like in  my case??

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(532 Views)
hi Brian
just another simple question to  confirm
for ground referencing,

since i using current excitation from the tbx 68t to pass thru resistor, i do not need to "on" the ground referencing to prevent 'leakage".
am i rite
thks
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(527 Views)
Yongster, 

You can output values ready for computation from the VI.  The wire that connects the output of the VI to the graph indicator is simply an array of values.  If you feed this wire into other VI's that perform computations on the data, it should work just fine.  Another way to demonstrate this is by deleting the graph from your block diagram.  Then, you can right click on the output terminal that was wired to the graph and select 'create' >> 'numeric indicator' or simply 'indicator'.  This will create an indicator on your front panel that displays the numeric values of the data output instead of a graph.

Let me know if this clears up your question. 

Brian F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(512 Views)