LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart update bug LV8.2

I have created a chart recorder where I used a chart.

The chart seems to have trouble updating. When I run the program the first time I get this result:

When I push on a radio button to change the amplitude or time base the chart is cleared and the same problem occours. When I push on the same radio button again the chart settings are not changed programmaticly, but LV updates the front panel and the chart is displayed correctly.
This problems are the same at two different PC's. Also when I build an executable I have the same problem.

When I abort the program and LV is editing mode the problem is still there, the bottom side of the chart is display twice):

Who knows how I can solve this problem. I seems to be a bug in LV.

I have not attached the vi because the vi is probably to big to understand.

LabVIEW 8.2 Windows XP

Message Edited by NacNud on 12-22-2006 06:59 AM

Message Edited by NacNud on 12-22-2006 07:03 AM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,051 Views)
The duplicate fragment at the bottom of your second image looks like a driver issue (Q: Does it look OK after minimizing and maximizing the screen?). You should make sure you have the latest and greatest driver for your video. Then back down on acceleration to see if that fixes this or both problems (I suspect only the second).

Now regarding your statement

"
I have not attached the vi because the vi is probably to big to understand.
"

If you want more help you will either have to post your code or representative code that demonstrates this behaviour. You may have to put up with some lectures on bad code style but we may be able to offer some help.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,045 Views)

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reaction. The first day I will have to work is next year, so can't try your solutions this year anymore. I think it is a driver problem too. I have tried it on two computers so I don't think it will help much to try new drivers. The computer are from the same brand and I think I have to try another brand (hope my program works without DAQ card). My feeling says that these both problems are related.

I will try the newest video driver and bring down the accelaration. If that doesn't work I will post some code.

I will keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,017 Views)
Back at work again. A college with different computer had the same problem.
I have attached the vi with the same problem, but deleted all the code and the problem still seems to be there.
The problem can be seen when the vi is not running and the tools palette is moved around the screen.

The size of the empty vi is 32kb, but when a create a new vi the size is 4kb. So there must be some things in the file which couse the problem.

I would appreciate it if someone can try the code.

Message Edited by NacNud on 01-02-2007 03:03 AM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,968 Views)
Hallo NacNud,

looks like you talk dutchSmiley Very Happy Dutch LabVIEW User Group

It is strange indeed, if I open the VI go to the BD and back to the FP the scrolling is very strange, and I see the same behaviour as you...
Now a recompile of the VI (CTRL-ALT- run button) fixed it.

But if I look at the binary of your vi I see a lot of 'Radio Selection #' where # is a number of 1 to 9.

So you have a lot of garbage inside the empty VI

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,961 Views)
Hi Ton, I will create an account at the forum you posted. Indeed Dutch.

I have recompiled the file, but the problem still excists in my case. The file is not change in my case.
Does your file remains the same size? Is your file reduced to 4 kb? Can you post your recompiled file? Are you sure you recompiled it?

There is a lot of garbage in my file. This is because I removed everything from my file with the problem including the radio buttons you named.
Select all and delete in FP and BD. But the problem still excists.

I have also attached the original file. Can you recompile this one for me please? Thanks voor your help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,949 Views)
Hi NacNud,

my VI stayed 30 kb or something,

Here's my recompiled VI.

Here are some remarks:
How do you stop the VI? I guess ctrl+., since the upper while loops never stop. Try to put these into one while loop with one event case.
Do more with references and clusters
Try to fit the whole VI into one screen and some more subVI (one for INIT for instance)

Think about a state machine

Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 01-02-2007 03:52 PM

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
My LabVIEW Ideas

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,941 Views)
Hi Ton. Thanks for your help.

Now during the edditing time I use ctrl+. to stop the vi. When I build the exe I use the Quit button. This calles the quit function for labview. You can see this in the code.

The comment about the clusters, subvi's and references is also true. I am still learning labview and had this comment before during the build of my program and need to clean up my vi after my program is ready. I am wondering how I should make subvi's with event structures, but that is not the real problem.

Please can you post your recompiled Chart recorder 43 options leeg.vi?
I have made another recompile of this vi on another computer and it doensn't help.

Do you have the same problem with the vi Chart recorder 41 options.vi?

To bad I still haven't found the solution yet for update my screen.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,917 Views)
Hi NacNud,

I think the ctrl+. might cause your problem!!!
LabVIEW will try to reset the VI into a state it knows, but a VI stopped halfway is a can of worms for LV. So old data can slip into the VI. I think in combination with the timed loop the hard shutdown is probably killing!!

Ton
My LabVIEW Ideas

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,905 Views)
Hello Ton,

Maybe you're true. I don't know that much. Data slipping into the vi. Sounds like fun Smiley Sad.
Think I am going to call NI, this is way to complicated.

Greets,

NacNud
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,890 Views)