cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart scrolling

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am searching for a solution of scrolling the last 2 hours period of the chart.

I am doing constant data acqusition with USB 6000. The data is writen in TDMS file with 10S/s rate, and the output on the chart goes with 1S/s rate. I use strip chart mode.

What I need: to save somehow 2 hours of chart data, and be able to scroll it when acqusition still goes. The idea is to have not only about 30 secods visible on the chart, but to be able to get an idea of what was happening over the last 2 hours. At the moment it is possible from the TDMS only, but acqusition ha to be stopped in order to open TDMS.

If I add scrolling bar in chart settings, it allows to scroll only last 20 minutes (approximately). So the question is if it is possible to make it longer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,881 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnaKra

Hi Anakra,

read the help on charts, especially on their "history buffer size"!

To see the last two hours at 1S/s you should set a history of 7200 samples…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,871 Views)

By default the history length of the chart is 1024 sample per plot, right click on the chart on the front panel and set the history length to whatever you need (7200 if you want 2h à 1Hz) and then right clic on the chart again and in visible items (top of the list) activate the X srcollbar.

By default leave you Xscale range to 30 seconds and give the possibilty to the user to resize the xscale range and use the scrollbar

Hope this helps

EDIT :

Damn it... too slow!

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,866 Views)