LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart resets when i don't want it to be

I'm trying to plot some data stored in a datalog file as a series of waveforms. The VI resets the chart with each new waveform read from the file, so all I ever see is one waveform worth of data. The history buffer size is 10240, and the chart is supposed to be updating in strip chart mode. It seems to be keeping no history in the buffer. I haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,299 Views)
Try to post an example VI of your problem.
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,299 Views)
See here for an example I posted earlier today.

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=137&HOID=5065000000050000007EDD0100&HTHREAD=000122238&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0

I will venture a guess that the t0 values of the waveforms are not monotonicly increasing values.

If the t0 found in a new waveform that is presented to a chart that already has data plotted that contains the t0 value, the chart will be cleared an a new set of plots started.

The other thing that will make waveform charts start over is if the number of plots changes.

Just guessing,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,299 Views)