LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart history save/load

Hi,

I've been occuring a problem with charts for several days.
I have to show the same chart on several VIs. Therefor, I use the "History" property that's supposed to save the history, but it does that in a strange way. It looks like the history saves the different values of my chart, but not the timing (ie : it looks like the history only considers the changes).

Some screenshots maybe more verbose.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,157 Views)
Forgive me, I got fooled by the upload tool...

So, 1.jpg is a screenshot a the first VI on which is shown my chart.
I have a button to access the other VI which first save my chart's history to a table, but as you can see on 2.jpg, the chart on the other VI is not similar to the first.

Any idea ?

Sorry for my poor english (and my double post),
Philippe.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,152 Views)
A chart's X axis is built by taking an offset (a base time) and a multiplier (Delta t). If the multiplier is different, the chart will look different.
Check the multiplier property in X Scale>Offset and multiplier for both charts. If they're different, change one of them.

(3,132 Views)
Hello rophle.
As Tst says, you will need more info than just values to recover the original chart. You should download the property saver toolkit (by Konstantin Shifershteyn) from this link: http://www.kshif.com/lv/ . It can be of help to learn how to save/load data and other control properties.

Hope it helps

Cheers
Alipio
---------------------------------------------------------
"Qod natura non dat, Salmantica non praestat"
---------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,126 Views)
Hi,

My two charts do have the same properties, including the same X Scale multiplier (which is 1).

alipio : I have looked at Property Saver, but I didn't help me out : as my two charts are on two different VIs, I need a global array of "[pstype] Control's Properties descriptor.ctl" type to save my chart properties and to load them in my other chart.
I didn't manage to create an array of "[pstype] Control's Properties descriptor.ctl" type.

Anyhow, thanks for your answers.

Philippe.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,110 Views)
Try to recreate the problem with as little code as possible (preferably only one VI) and post it. It will be easier to help you.

(3,107 Views)