LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart X axis--Current time

Solved!
Go to solution

Details on 'very wrong'. Does this happen with my simple example? If not, attach your code.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 55
(1,505 Views)

Yes, it happens when I run your code. I am using LV2011.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 55
(1,502 Views)

Sorry. The multiplier is in seconds and should be 1 and the wait is in milliseconds and should be 1000.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 55
(1,499 Views)

Thanks. Now it works.

But I must admit that I have problems understanding how Labview works. I have a chart and a property node setting xscale: Multipler, Offset, Minimum and Maximum. What i want to acheive is to show a chart for the next two hours. I do a measurement every 10 seconds. Multipler=10, Offset = your suggestion, Minimum=0 and Maximum=3600.   

I thought that if a set a property in the block diagram this property would be replaced by the property node value when I start the program. It does not seem so.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 55
(1,482 Views)

OK.

I think that I understand it now. I use the Get Time/Date function and converting the output to DBL (seconds). (As you suggested). This is the Offset. The Minimum property is set to the same value. 3600 is added to this value to set the Maximum proeprty. Then the chart show the last hour of data.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 55
(1,459 Views)

I like your chart, but I can't find how to change the time to binary.  Your chart does exactly what I want.  I am taking temperatures every 5 seconds and writing them to a strip chart for 24 hours and then saving the file and starting again.  All I get is zeros for time when I put your property nodes into my code, but again, I can't find how to change time to binary.

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 55
(1,194 Views)

You can set a charts X-axis display format to binary in its properties.  Right-click on the chart > Properties.  On the Display Format tab, select Type = Binary.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 55
(1,179 Views)
Wow this post has been going on for a while. I didn't realize it was still active. I gave up on the x axis and opted to use labels instead. From what I see in the thread I am anxious to use the ideas to get my axis sorted...finally. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 55
(1,165 Views)

NIQuest,

I can't select the binary option.  I think I am going to opt for using labels and forgetting about this AGAIN.  Again, why is this so difficult?  From the posts I have seen, it isn't just  my stupidity.  I can get the time labels up and running on the waveform graph, but then the data doesnt' respond properly.  It just sits there and doesn't update.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 55
(1,149 Views)

Smiley Frustrated  Hmm.  Take a look at this quick example.  I am able to change my chart on the fly.  If you are in the default strip chart mode and the chart has enough points to be scrolling that may explain why your x-axis appears not to change.  It's changing but it's off the screen in the past (to the left).  If you can't select binary, perhaps you wired something to it that can't be represented that way???

It's true the chart and graph displays aren't quite as full-featured as some new GUI packages provide but keep in mind that LabVIEW is a programming language at heart and (unfortunately) has never considered fancy GUI features as a top priority.  Spend some time with the graph and chart properties page and learn all the options and I'm sure you'll get comfortable with working with them.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 30 of 55
(1,137 Views)