LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart/Graph from 2D Array

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a VI which creates .CSV files when taking measurements so that I can analyse the data in other software. I have recently added a camera to my system which also creates an .AVI file which I would like to analyse in conjunction with the .CSV file data.

I would like to write a VI which opens the .CSV file and then displays this data as a chart, so that eventually I can use a slider to display the correct frame of the .AVI file. However, I cannot figure out how to do this. When the .CSV file is opened it creates a 2D array, the first column is time in seconds; I would like this to form the X axis. The other 4 columns of the array are voltage readings from various transducers which range from -5v to 5v, these values would be indicated as amplitude on the Y axis.

As I understand, I can use an XY Chart to do this; however I haven't had much luck figuring out how to do this and the included examples aren't exactly great at explaining how to do this sort of thing. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(23,993 Views)
Message Edited by CtheR on 03-04-2010 11:47 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(23,982 Views)

Hi.

FORGET THE VI I POSTED ABOVE THIS! IGNORE IT!

This is the solution:

nonsense.png

If you have questions feel free to ask.

Greets

CR

Message Edited by CtheR on 03-04-2010 11:49 AM
Message 3 of 13
(23,981 Views)

Thanks for the help, I was wondering if I needed to use a For loop. 

What low level VI is that you are using before you insert the array into the For loop? It looks like Array Subset to me, but when I use it on my VI it doesn't work.

I'm on Labview 8.5.1 if that makes any difference. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(23,954 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author edcs

Hi!

I used the "delete from array" node.

I delete the first column (with the time) and send the deleted time column into the loop (not indexed).

It contains the x-values of our data set.

The rest of the array gets transposed (I forgot about it before, I was too hasty).

Every column is now a line, gets indexed by the loop and is clustered with the time values to a pair of x-values and y-values.

And done.

arrayXY.png

I've saved it as 8.5 VI.

Greets CR

Message 5 of 13
(23,944 Views)
Thanks for your help, I'm all sorted now! 
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(23,933 Views)

I have a similar problem.. I have a 1000x2 data from a CSV Excel file for which the graph is to be plot.. I converted the string into number format.. I am currently checking for 2x2 so that if it works I can run in a FOR loop and finish it. I need to plot the graph for the 2D array.

Thanks

KB

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(23,278 Views)

HI!! i am new to labview.. and i saw this interesting and i start working as it on the screen.. but how to connect XY graph? 

"clustered with the time values to a pair of x-values and y-values." what does tat mean

pls help me out.. 

thanq

Every Expert was once a Beginner!!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(21,187 Views)

Hello PROing,

This is quite an old post so I would recommend that you start a new thread and fully describe your problem so that the community can help out.

Thanks,

Mahdieh G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(21,165 Views)

hi,

u manage to get the solution for your question. i have the similar problem as yours.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(18,972 Views)