LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel data

What is te best way to access data from a multi channel task? 

My attached Vi deals with 30 differential channels (PCI 6255), I am using subarray function as I need to use formula node structure. is there a better way? PLz also tell how to improve my VI in general?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,813 Views)

How can I log formated data in TDMS, I dont really want voltages rather I want measured parameters like temp. directly in TDMS file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,809 Views)

Are you doing the same formula for all of the channels?  You should probably avoid using the formula node and use the actual math primitives.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 10
(2,794 Views)

@andy_kennaugh wrote:

How can I log formated data in TDMS, I dont really want voltages rather I want measured parameters like temp. directly in TDMS file.

In that case, create DAQmx Scales.  These scales can then be applies to your channels inside of your task.  That would also make it so that you do not have to do the scaling in your own code since DAQmx just does it all for you.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,792 Views)

I have different channels for different purposes, 6 thermocouple than 14 pressure transducers

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,788 Views)

@andy_kennaugh wrote:

I have different channels for different purposes, 6 thermocouple than 14 pressure transducers

Then the DAQmx Scales is definately the way you want to do.  You have to apply the scale to each channel individually, so they call all have different scales.

GCentral
Message 6 of 10
(2,784 Views)

No idea about scales, I'll do some searching

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,782 Views)

@andy_kennaugh wrote:

No idea about scales, I'll do some searching

They are set up in MAX.  There is a section direclty under "My System" to manage the scales. Just right-click on the scales and choose to create a new one.  Then in the task setup screen, each channel has a "Custom Scaling" drop down that you can use to associate a scale to a channel.

GCentral
Message 8 of 10
(2,777 Views)

Not able to implement custom scales through MAX or programattically. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,726 Views)

Your problem might be based on your Max and Min for the channel setups.  Those should be the values you will have AFTER the scale is applied.  So if you expect a voltage range of -1.5 to 10, you should set your min and max to -150 and 1000 (since your scale is just multiplying by 100).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,708 Views)