From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the scroll direction of an indicator

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an indicator that I am using for posting a number of results and it has a scroll bar to allow the user to scroll through

the lines of the indicator. 

One thing that I did notice is that when I write to this indicator, the first line written to it gets placed at the bottom of the indicator and each line there after inserted on top of the indicator.

Is there a property node or any easy way to change the order of how the indicator displays its data so that the first line

written remains at the top of the indicator and subsequent lines are displayed below previous written lines?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,144 Views)
Your description is missing all of the details. Is this a string indicator? How are you appending new data? If you are using the concatenate string function, you probably just need to swap the inputs.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,133 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author robojeff

an offshoot of this thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Problems-clearing-a-local-variable-shift-register/td-p/2012006

You are getting the concatenation to be exactly what you tell LabVIEW.

Message 3 of 4
(2,125 Views)

That was it.

thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,117 Views)