From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing runtime menu of multiple controls

I have ~90 indicators that I need to change the runtime menu of. Is there an easy way to do this all at once?  I can't think of one, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks,

-M

Edit: To clarify, they are all being changed to the exact same menu.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,479 Views)

I actually expected this to be quite easy with LabVIEW Scripting, but I couldn't find the functions needed.  Here is a post a while ago that basically said you can't.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/scripting-control-run-time-menu-file/td-p/1257590

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,457 Views)

Thanks for the response. I played around with it (taking me longer to do than it would have if I had just sucked it up and set the menu 90 times...) and didn't find anything in scripting either.  About the only way I could do it was:  make one control a "strict type def". Duplicate it. Change the typedef in to normal so that you can do things like change indicator color...  The shortcut menu was saved.  Kind of a roundabout way to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,450 Views)

Are all these controls on the same Front Panel?  You could have them all handled in the same event case with "Shortcut Activation?" and then make the menu based on which control was modified.  You could even do this dynamically by registering for the Shortcut Activation menu for all controls on the front panel, or all controls that match a regular expression for the label name.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,439 Views)