LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in LV16 block diagram appearance when selecting?

Solved!
Go to solution

I've noticed something different in LV16 I never saw before I came across while using the Code Capture Tool.

When selecting a section of code, things like case structures and while loops now have a blue tinge when, whereas before they kept the white background color of the block diagram.

I don't know whether this will help or hurt me when developing since I'm not using it for any active code yet.  But I do notice that it changes the appearances of snippets created using the Code Capture Tool.

Has anyone else noticed this?  Is there an option to turn that off?

LV2014

LV2016

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,208 Views)

Bill, That example looks constant folded.  The CCT might just be appropriately showing that.

Edit: that is not it.  Its easier to see without BD Grids on.  Which reminds me,  There is a new ini key "HightlightSometing" with a default True.  Search over on LAVA

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,154 Views)

Hi Jeff,

I haven't had any luck on searching LAVA for that ini key.

Something kind of interesting is that looking at them on my work screen, the differences between them aren't as easy to see as they were when I was looking on the laptop screen.

Just to prove I'm not seeing things, I pasted the images into Paint and inspected the colors.  The LV2014 version was true white with an RGB  of 255 255 255.

For LV 2016, the RGB is 245 245 252.  So it is slightly darker and leaning towards blue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,124 Views)

I see the same thing.  I just racked that up to NI wanting a slight visual difference to indicate that the structure moves real-time as opposed to just an outline like previous versions.  I have no idea how to disable it, though.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,100 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RavensFan

Yes, that was added as part of a new feature in LV 2016: When lassoing objects, and your lasso only partially covers a structure, hitting the spacebar toggles whether the structure in included in the selection.  The blue shading helps you distinguish whether the structure is selected.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 5 of 9
(3,090 Views)

Thanks.

I would've thought that the marching ants around the entire structure would have been enough of an indicator whether it is selected or not.

The color difference is rather subtle, so I don't know if it is that helpful.  But it wasn't so subtle that I didn't notice it once I took the screen capture with the CCT.

I probably won't worry about it, and everyone will just learn to live with snippets that may or may not have extra color in those structures.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,076 Views)

When I make a snippet, the .png doesn't have the blue shading (just as it doesn't have the ants).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,052 Views)

Do you have any option in LabVIEW that you know of to turn off that highlighting, or in the LabVIEW.ini file like Jeff was referring to?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,043 Views)

Sorry, I don't know about that (& I couldn't find it with a quick search).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,034 Views)