From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change colors of non-populated array elements

Any way to affect the colors/appearance of the light gray elements in the array below (for example).  I don't find an appropriate property node and have not been able to figure out how to do this via control customization.  Using LV13 but I don't think this is version dependent. 

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,800 Views)

It is a function of the background color of the array element, just bleached. (black in this case)

You can programmatically (within reason!) resize the array container to the size of the array so the extra elements are not visible.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,799 Views)

Hi Zwired1,

It's not possible to change the background color of element in array.

B'cos the properties of array elements should be same accept  values can be change.

Its possible only when you can use a table(or list box) instead of the array, where you can set the active cell and change the background color of any element. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,754 Views)

I am familiar with the property nodes to change the index values, number or rows, etc.  and I understand array element properties are set at the whole-array level.  What I am looking for is a way to change the "bleaching effect" characteristics. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,690 Views)

If you are talking about the greyed-out effect, that is due to those elements not having any values in them.  There is not a property to change that.  If you don't want the greyed-out look you could try populating with empty strings.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,687 Views)

If you do want to change BG color as well there is always using an array of clusters with a color box and string in the cluster.  See attached.BD.png

FP.PNG

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

Download All
Message 6 of 7
(4,679 Views)

You can check the method decribed in the below link for work around: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/90300A32D6AB904D862576CC0056EC98

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,657 Views)