cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change axes label w.r.t the scale automatically in waveform graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

Is it possible to change the X-axis and Y-axis labels according to the scale automatically ? I have a waveform graph which is auto scaled and the values on the Y axis changes from milli, micro and nano volts depending on the output results of the tests conducted. I need the label of the axis to change automatically as per the scale.......Could some one please tell me how to do this. Thankyou in advance.

Best Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,576 Views)

You have the X scale and Y scale Name Label property using that check the incoming values, based on that set the labels accordingly.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,569 Views)

Hi 

Thanks for the reply.........I'm familiar abt the Name lable property node but how could I assing this propery to an value which I get from an instrument ? Could you please help me with any relevant example if possible....... i'm fairly new to LabVIEW

Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,561 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pratheek

Pratheek,

I am not sure exactly what you want.

If you just want the scale to change to read 10n or 5u, use the scale format property set to SI Notation.

Scale to SI.png

If you want to change the text of the scale name label, you use the YScale.NameLbl.Text Property. The attached VI shows one way to do something like this.

Lynn

Message 4 of 4
(2,530 Views)