LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Input impedance from 1M to 50ohm of 5133

The input cable and all the other parts are 50ohm. Also I observed a reflection and oscilaition when inject a single pulse wave. If use 50ohm input impedance oscilliscope, it will not appear. I want to change the input impedance to 50ohm. Can I do so. Can I parallel a 50ohm resistor at input, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,240 Views)

The spec points out only a 1M input impedance, so the only option I see is to use a 50Ohm termination ( usually a 50Ohm feedthrough is hard to find in the lab, but a T coupler and a 50Ohm 'terminator' 🙂 )

And yes, you can use one resistor, however depending on the frequency range it is wise to use 4 200Ohm SMD and solder them in a cross from the shield to inner conductor. (And clean the flux 😉 )

(and 200R are better to get than 50R) Don't use standard  wired  resistors, due to their inductivity. Standard SMD is fine up to 1GHz.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 2 of 4
(3,232 Views)

Can I use the attached method for T connector.

And is there any web link for such SMD resistor. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,212 Views)

Would it be possible to add an op amp before the input. This would allow you to mach impedance. High impedance output from the op amp output. And the input could be set to 50 ohms.

It seems that you need a hardware buffer.

Message 4 of 4
(3,201 Views)