LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Folder Icon in Functions Palette

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey, have two questions.  I'm writing an instrument driver for an instrument I have here at work, and I have the VI's working.  I have the VIs organized and inserted into a library, which is in a project including that library and an examples folder (so basically the way Labview downloaded instrument drivers are set up).  I put all this in the instr.lib folder, and the VIs show up in the functions palette just fine.  So, based on that setup, my questions are:

1) How do I change the folder icons (not the VI Icons - already did that) in the functions palette?

2) How do LV instrument drivers hide the "Examples" folder and simply display the VIs from the "Public" Folder?  (they don't appear to be marked private)

Thanks!

TG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,610 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tomg09

I think the secret is in having an mnu file, which defines what will appear in the palettes. You can create one by editing the palettes (under Tools>>Advanced) and there you should be able to remove items and to edit the palette icon by right clicking it. You should probably also make sure that the mnu file is saved in the same folder, so that you can have it in other PCs. Note that the palette editor has this annoying confirmation dialog which tends to hide under other windows and which you need to get to finish editing, so move it to somewhere you can find it before you start editing.

Another option is using VIPM to install the driver, and that will also allow you to edit a palette.

I recommend just using VIPM to manage your driver and distribute it.  It has a custom palette editor (that is better than the built-in LabVIEW one).  Building a package with VIPM is simple and it is even easier to install.  And you can do all of this with the free version of VIPM.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 4
(3,381 Views)

Thanks guys!  That's exactly what I'm looking for!

TG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,297 Views)