LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Display Color Application

Dear all, i want to change the color according to its chromaticity coordinates in Labview 6.01(Full), but i fail to find the color control method.
I had acquired the chromaticity coordinates (x,y) and tristimulus values(X,Y,Z)from BM-7, i want to change anyone's color accroding to the acquired coordinates, could anybody tell me how can i do?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,418 Views)
You want to change the color of what? The front panel or some indicator. If it's the front panel, you use the VI property Panel and wire the reference to a color property. If it's some indicator, which indicator and which part of of it do you want to change?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,389 Views)
Dear Sir
Thanks for your reply.
I want to change the color of some indicator's backgroup, my question really is how can i transfer the chromaticity coordinates to display color?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,374 Views)

Hi MikeyStone

I am having a look at a similar problem to yours would there be any chance of you posting your code and if I can sort your problem at the same time I will certainly post it back.

Regards

Tim M

NI UK AE

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,333 Views)
Why not try property node. it is better if you can post your code.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,318 Views)
Hi,Tim M
Morning!
I get the CIE (X,Y,Z) value from Colorimeter through RS232, when i got the CIE (X,Y,Z) value from Colorimeter, i want to change the CIE(X,Y,Z) color coordinate to RGB color value and then diplay this RGB color in some palette or indicator.
My problem are
1.how to change the CIE (X,Y,Z) value to RGB color Value accuralely?
I had consult the CIE standard-1931 XYZ color system and other reference book in this field , and i got the matrix to change CIE (X,Y,Z) color coordinate to RGB color value, but it don't work well in some color range.
2.how can i display the RGB color in Labview? As far as know, in Labview7 or higher ,there have subvi(RGB to color.vi) to display RGB color from RGB color value directly.
I don't know whether i had make my idea clear or no in here, due to my poor english.,
and waiting for your opinion.
The attached file is the picture of block diagram of my VI.

M.S.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,305 Views)

Hi

I have had a look for converting to Colour to RGB and vice versa. There furthest I have managed to look back to is LV6.1 witch has a RGB to Colour VI it is in the conversion pallet

I have posted up a little example (LV 7.1) for converting RGB to CIE (XYZ) using “IMAQ RGBToColor2” VI which is in the color utilities pallet which is part of the IMAQ vision package.

Regards

Tim

NI UK AE

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,288 Views)
Thanks for your work.
But i can run this VI because i hadn't installed  the IMQA vision package, it can't find "IMAQ RGBToColor2.vi".

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,271 Views)