LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Case Structure state causes resize and loss of wire

In the block diagram, when I click on the change state arrow to change a case structure in order to look at the other state, the structure resizes and a wire is eliminated. This happens with every case structure in this one particular application. It happens regardless whether the case structure has "autogrow" checked off, but it also happens if I check or uncheck autogrow without trying to change state. It also happens when changing the autogrow status of a while loop. I am mystified as this is not occurring with other similar applications.
Thanks,
Peg
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,436 Views)

For us to be able to help you, I ask that you please post some sample code AND the LV version you are using.

Lacking that, we will be of little help.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,435 Views)
I am using LabView 7.1 and have been writing similar applications for a few years with this version. The same application does not do this on another computer with LabView 7.1, so I am not sure that sending it to you would help. However, I am attaching the library and the top level vi is the one to open. Since it does not happen on another machine you may not see the problem but in case: There is an overall sequence structure. In frame 2, there is a brown cluster wire coming from "Control & Meter Headings&Size.vi" (upper right of panel) which is wired to a sequence local. When something minor is changed, this wire disappears. In fact, I just noticed that making the label visible on any subvi made the wire disappear.
Some setting on my computer must have changed but other similar applications do not do this on my computer.
Thanks,
Peg
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,428 Views)

Well it looks like I will be of no help.

The code does NOT change the wire as you discribed when opened on my machine.

Sorry!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,420 Views)