From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Structure and Numeric Indicator

Solved!
Go to solution

May I know how I going to display my value 1 by 1 ? It display too fast. I want to see the value change 1 by 1.. for example 1 to 2 then to 3 and so on. Attach is my vi, correct me if got mistake.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,140 Views)

First of all you must know functionality of while loop and case structure and then utilize them in the code.

You can find 'Context help' for that Ctrl+H in LabVIEW.

Also if I am not wrong you can use a while loop and a wait(ms) function to delay the counter.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,116 Views)

I don't have labview pc now, but according to your description "It display too fast" use delay and you can slow down the display speed.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,114 Views)

You will also need to put the indicator inside the loop in one case and a local variable (of the indicator) in the other or you will only see the change at the end of the execution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,100 Views)

Would you mind to show me how does it look like? I still can't get it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,067 Views)

@Ken_Naylor wrote:

You will also need to put the indicator inside the loop in one case and a local variable (of the indicator) in the other or you will only see the change at the end of the execution.

Would you mind to show me how does it look like? I still can't get it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,067 Views)

That's not how this Forum works -- you show us what you are doing (by attaching the VI you are trying to write, along with a description of what you want it do to) and we will suggest "fixes" that will (with luck) fix it.

Please attach your VI (not a picture of the Block Diagram, but the VI itself).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,055 Views)

You need to learn what is case structure and how to use it : http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/glang/case_structure/

-To slow down the execution speed you need to understand wait:http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/glang/wait_ms/

You should learn LabVIEW basics from here : http://us.ni.com/academic/training

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,043 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

That's not how this Forum works -- you show us what you are doing (by attaching the VI you are trying to write, along with a description of what you want it do to) and we will suggest "fixes" that will (with luck) fix it.

Please attach your VI (not a picture of the Block Diagram, but the VI itself).

Bob Schor

This one is my VI. Which I implement on my FPGA target VI. Am did any mistake on my VI ? I still dunno which one will cause the problem since error is not occur. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,034 Views)

Your counter indicator will not update until the loop has finished executing and then it will display either 0 (counting down) or 255 counting up.  If you want to see the indicator labled 'counter' counting up (or down) then the indicator (or a local variable attached to the indicator) MUST be inside the loop.

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,028 Views)