cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Structure Realization

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to implement a paperwork on ECG signal denoising.But i can't understand the case structure part in the block diagram.I need to find out the FALSE condition.I need an explaination on that to find out the TRUE condition.Please help me to explain this structure condition.Thanks.

Antu.

thes_fig.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,180 Views)

Do you have the VI?  Or are you just looking at a picture of a block diagram?

You need to change the case structure to show what is happening in the True case.

Have you used LabVIEW before?

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,163 Views)

I don't have the VI. I want to apply different filters based on this work.But i can't understand the condition of this structure.Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,155 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Antu1159

What your picture is showing is that when there is an error generating the FIR filter coefficients the simulated signal is passed through the Case structure unchanged.  My guess is therefore that when there is no error generating the coefficients (error code = 0) the simulated signal is filtered using the same DDT->DBL conversion followed by FIR.vi from the Signal Processing palette.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,145 Views)

If you are, indeed, working with only a picture, and if you don't really have a good understanding of signals such as EKGs, signal analysis and filtering, and LabVIEW, then your best bet is to read the text in the book or paper from which you copied the figure and pass that off as your own work.  The alternative is to (a) learn about biological signals, (b) learn about signal processing, and (if you want to understand the figure), (c) learn LabVIEW.  

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 8
(3,142 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Antu1159

This is just simple error handling.  If the filter VI fails it will output an error number (NOT zero).  If the filter VI works it will output a zero (that means NO ERROR).  The error out of the filter VI is checked by the "Equal to 0?" VI and the boolean result determines which case to run.  If the filter VI works, its output is passed through.  If it fails, then a simulated signal is passed through instead.  Of course this is a bad idea since the VI doesn't even inform the user an error has occured.  It just hides it.  Smiley Sad 

Please take the advice to learn more about LabVIEW and write your own code.  The VI you posted is not only sloppy, it uses bad coding practices and is not a good example to learn by.  

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 6 of 8
(3,138 Views)

Thanks a lot. I'll definitely try to write my own code.It's just an initiative to see how the whole process works.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,120 Views)

Thanks a lot. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,117 Views)