LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Structure Problem

Greetings all,

I know this problem may seem VERY easy, but I am going to throw it out there anyway.  I would like to have a boolean switch (true/false), where if pressed it is the true case, if not, the false.

If the switch is pressed (true), I would first like LabVIEW to wait 1 minute.  After 1 minute, I would like to make an array of two elements to say "Bad."

If the switch is not pressed (false), I would like LabVIEW to just create a string array of two elements that say "Good."

My problem is the delay of 1 minute.  It doesn't seem to work.  Whenever i delete my Wait.vi, my VI works fine.  I think this may be a problem of where I'm placing my Wait.VI

I'm attaching my VI, I'll appreciate ANY help!
Thank you!
Amal Patel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,416 Views)
Hi,

I improved your VI a bit... tell me if this is what you need 😉

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 2 of 13
(3,405 Views)
Amal,

Your wait is set to 1200000 milliseconds = 1200 seconds = 20 minutes. Other than that, it works for me. I shortened the delay for testing. What, exactly, does it do when you say, "It doesn't seem to work?"

Lynn
Message 3 of 13
(3,403 Views)

Okay,

So the delay is WORKING, but in both cases.  I only want it to work in the False Case.  To illiminate time, I shortened the delay to 5 seconds only.  When I flip the switch, LabVIEW waits 5 seconds, then fills an array of "Bad."  When I flip the switch to the False, it waits 5 seconds again!  I don't want this delay in the False case.  Any way to work around this?  I'm re-attaching my VI.

Amal Patel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,396 Views)
Amal,

I cannot open your VI (don't have LV 8), but if want just to wait 1 minute, you can use the "Wait ms" vi (see attached image).
Could you post an image of your code or a LV 7.1 version?

Rasputin
LV7.1 <> W2K
Message 5 of 13
(3,397 Views)
Amal,

While the Mark Bad? button remains true your program will continually start a new delay as soon as the old one finishes. That is what causes the delay you see on returning to false.

I modified your program to use an event structure. It also blanks the Bad Array one second after each change to show the effects.

Lynn
Message 6 of 13
(3,384 Views)
I am using the delay, but it's working in both cases.  I only want it to work in the True case.  I'm attaching a screen shot of both cases. 
Thank you!
Amal Patel
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,381 Views)

Problem Solved.

Johnsold (Lynn), you are brilliant!  Thank you so much.  Thank you to the rest of you for all your help! 🙂

Amal Patel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,364 Views)
How would I create another case?

That is, after I click the button, it'll wait 5 seconds and make the array "Bad."  I want my application to work in this order:

Click "Mark Bad" button > After 5 seconds make the array say "Questionable" > After an additional 10 seconds elapse make this same array say "Bad".

I hope this makes sense.
Thank you! 🙂
Amal Patel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,298 Views)
Allow me to re-attach the VI I am using, Mark Bad 3.vi.
Amal Patel
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,296 Views)