LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing all 4 channel waveforms when 1st channel goes low in scope

Hi,

I want to capture the entire panel image consisting of 4 channels output of the Agilent 6000 series scope (MSO7054B) when the output of the 1st channel goes low..Also, once this is done, I want to repeat the same process. Any suggestions on how this can be done?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,203 Views)

mnx,

I'd start by reading the Programming and Syntax Guide so I understood what commands were available.  Next I'd go get the NI driver.

One very important question.  How often do you expect triggers to happen?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,185 Views)

@Wayne.C wrote:

mnx,

I'd start by reading the Programming and Syntax Guide so I understood what commands were available.  Next I'd go get the NI driver.

One very important question.  How often do you expect triggers to happen?

I would add to this that you should figure out how to do it manually, also.  Combine that knowledge with what Wayne recommended and you should have a good start!  🙂
Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,176 Views)

I haven't used the Agilent scopes, but I suspect they are similar enough to the Tektronix scopes.  Pretty much every option you can manipulate manually, there will be a command you can send over GPIB/Ethernet/RS-232/USB.  Have you decided on a communication bus?  That would actually be the first step.  Then manually try to figure out the settings you need to get what you desire, and then write a LabVIEW program (using the drivers given earlier) to repeat your manual process.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,171 Views)