LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caption missing from exported control image

Hi,

I am having trouble with exported images from graph indicators.  The exported image is not including the Caption text (or label text, but this is normally invisible). 

I have tried putting the caption in different places, changing background colour, etc.  The text is visible on screen, but not appearing in any exported images. 

In a different VI I do get the caption in the exported image, and I can't see what is diferent between the two objects.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,966 Views)

Update.

The graph objects are defined as non-strict type defs.  It appears that the image exported direct from the type def has the caption attached, but the equivalent control image from the application VI does not.

The graph object from the other app that does export OK is not linked to a type def.

I'm using LV2011 by the way. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,956 Views)

Further update.

As soon as I disconnect the VI graph from its typedef, the exported image has the caption visible.

Is this a bug, that type-def'd graphs don't export properly?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,951 Views)

I can confirm that I also see this in 2012 SP1.

Using the Right-Click Export > Simplified Image feature of a Graph control seems to exclude the visible caption if the control is linked to a type-def.

This sounds like a small bug to me, maybe NI can pitch in and comment?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,944 Views)

Hi Guys

Sorry for the late reply but thanks for finding this and reporting it. I'll look into this for you both and if I can confirm that this is a bug that's not been filed yet I'll file a corrective active request to get it fixed. As I progress with this I'll post updates on here to keep you in the loop.

Many thanks

Daniel Harryman

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments

Daniel Harryman MEng
CLA, CPI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,921 Views)

Hi

I've confirmed the issue in both LabVIEW 2012 and 2012 SP1. I've also filed a corrective active request for R&D to look into this issue. 

Regards 

Dan. H

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments 

Daniel Harryman MEng
CLA, CPI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,894 Views)

Dan,

Thanks for confirming this issue for me.  At least now I know that I'm not doing anything wrong there. 

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,891 Views)

For reference, this issue was reported to R&D as CAR 403718.

Regards,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,850 Views)