cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant read time stamp from LVM file into array or export to Excel

Solved!
Go to solution

Good Afternoon!

Im having issues getting the time stamps back from an LVM file and into an excel file.

Ulitmately, I have a series of LVM files with 6 channels of data and the correspodning time stamps.

When I read the files back into an array, the channel values are parsed, but the time stamp is no where to be found. The channel data then successfully exports to an excel sheet (minus the times stamps).

How can I extract the time stamps with the channel data and get them into an excel sheet?

NOTE: I do know you can open the LVM file directly into excel, however, the information is not "parsable".

I appreciate the toughts. I've enclosed my experimental code as well as the data set I am trying to extract. I've also included a destination excel sheet.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,903 Views)

forsome reason, the code would not attach to my previous emial, so, here it is. The .LVM file is zipped, for some reason, this forum doesnt recognize the lvm extension.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,887 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ASAT

Hi ASAT,

Is there a reason that you are not simply using the Write to Measurement File.vi to write your signal data to the excel sheet? This is an easy way to bring in your signal data to an excel sheet (see attached file). You can also view the code within that Express VI to see how this is achieved.

David C
Message 3 of 7
(3,838 Views)

David:

Holy Cow!!! Ive been banging my head on this for days, and a few hours on the phone with NI. This is exactly what I needed!!!

Thanks much!

KUDOS!!!

Cheers;

Sig.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,830 Views)

hi all,
there is a lvm file containing some data like number of samples , time ,x0... these are all headers.
since i am taking large number of samples  i need to read only time of the samples and write it in a text file/xls file can you please help me in solving this.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,609 Views)

Hi Murari208,

Have you tried using the Read from Measurement File Express VI?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvexpress/read_lv_measurement_file/#details

Also here is a tutorial that shows how to write and read from LVMs which you can find useful:

http://academic.amc.edu.au/~hnguyen/JEE344ACE/tutorial03.pdf

Good luck!

-Tanim

Tanim
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,577 Views)

Hi deconon

stored my data in lvm files. i already have data in that so i need the time stamps from lvm file. pleas give me a sollution.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,408 Views)