cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make TDMS Time format same as knowlege base

Solved!
Go to solution

Evening,

Bit new to Ni (3months) and first post here so apologies in advance for any poor etiquet.

Using a nice cost effective Ni usb-6009 to datalog current readings.  All working well but cant make the time format appear in excel or the dt to represent the 1khz sample rate.

The knowledge base article is exactly how i want the excel it but just cant get the time/date and time dt to be like the knowledge base article.

Knowledge base article:  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/68806B93A21355E98625726F0064822B

Vi and Excel file hopefully attached but dont seem to be allowed to post TDMS file

Many thanks in advance

Martin

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,013 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Martin_Mathias

You're losing your t0 and dt information from the signal during your various dynamic data type conversions.  Try the attached.

Message 2 of 7
(2,993 Views)

Thanks for that, perfect.

Just really starting and my training is a bit ad-hoc, with me ending up doing core2 before core 1 (still not done yet) and had a go at CLAD exam last week at the NI show.  Just trying to work out how i would of known your solution without your help! 

Be intrested to know how you know :  Experince, training, courses of magical powers??  🙂

Many thanks again for great reply

Martin

Message 3 of 7
(2,945 Views)

"

Be intrested to know how you know :  Experince, training, courses of magical powers??  :smileyhappy:

"

All of the above! Magical powers are quite useful but not always consistently functional. 

Context Help and the Forums are good, too.

Lynn

Message 4 of 7
(2,937 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

"

Be intrested to know how you know :  Experince, training, courses of magical powers??  :smileyhappy:

"

All of the above! Magical powers are quite useful but not always consistently functional. 

Context Help and the Forums are good, too.

Lynn

My magical powers are dwindling as I get older, but experience is increasing so I got that going for me which is nice.

In your case, Martin, an understaning of the content of the datatypes you're dealing with was the key and that was primarily driven by experience and a little bit of training.  I looked at what you were trying to save and saw that there was no time information in the data you were providing to the function and went upstream from there to see where the timing information got stripped out.      

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,925 Views)

"Any technology sophisticated enough is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,889 Views)

Brilliant thanks: the **bleep**-bit of  'I looked at what you were trying to save and saw that there was no time information in the data you were providing' helped my understanding as much as the solution you sent.  The convert from dynamic data array should have been a big hint to me when it appeared!

You supplied a very elegant fix, but is this the best way or should i have somehow kept in the time data in the manipulation without the 'bridge' of get waveform components?

thanks again......................you cant beat experience

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,867 Views)