LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Edit Column Headers In exe.

I will try your advice here in a bit, but i am able to edit the column headers before i run it in labview.  I created the executable to not run when opened and i am unable to edit the headers inside the executable. So editing the column headers doesnt work in only the executable

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(573 Views)

Did you change it to a control?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(572 Views)

When i change it to a control, i can no longer write to the table, which is more important than the column headers.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(567 Views)

@matt198717 wrote:

When i change it to a control, i can no longer write to the table, which is more important than the column headers.

Use a local variable, or property node with a write to the value to set the table.

If you don't want your users editing the other cells you can use an event structure to handle the Mouse Down? and discard the mouse if it is not over the header.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(565 Views)

That may be getting a little above me, but ill give that a try.  Thank you for the input

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(559 Views)

Unless im mistaken, it is not possible to write to a control this way.  Ive tried and it has been unsuccesful.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(536 Views)

@matt198717 wrote:

Unless im mistaken, it is not possible to write to a control this way.  Ive tried and it has been unsuccesful.

It better be or I'm going to have to re-do my CLD exam.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(530 Views)

@matt198717 wrote:

Which way? Show us your attempt.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(512 Views)