cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Interfacing with Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am not too good at programming in LabVIEW. For a short task of interfacing Canon Camera using LabVIEW, I am using a Third Party Software to interface the camera. 

I have installed LabVIEW 2015 32 bit setup. When i open the installed files of the software, it tries to find out a file named save.vi, but cant find it.

As a result the VI doesn't works properly.

I am also attaching the VI that is created in your computer after installation.

I trying to find two solutions.

1- Some solution so that i can work in the existing way through Third Party Software

2- Any alternative to achieve the same task of interfacing Canon Camera with some other Technique.

Kindly guide me how to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,772 Views)
Except save.vi if all other vis are present then remove that vi and try.
-My guess is save.vi would be simply used to save the acquired images and that vi is not installed properly-Try reinstalling the toolkit again and check.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,736 Views)

@Abuzar wrote:

2- Any alternative to achieve the same task of interfacing Canon Camera with some other Technique.

Hi Abuzar,

Although I expect it is unlikely to be simple, you can try requesting the Canon SDK from their website - you need to fill out a form and the link varies by region, but I imagine that they'll give out the SDK if you own the camera and can fill out the form. Googling 'Canon SDK' should get you started, but it's not a publically available download (i.e, you have to fill out a form) and it might require you to mail them (i.e. hardcopy) depending on region.

This would give you access to their libraries so that you could write a custom driver. However, as I said, unlikely to be simple.

GCentral
Message 3 of 4
(3,728 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abuzar

Hi,

Finally contacting the vendor of the Third Party Software I have found the solution of my problem.

Here i would like to mention all that the problem was not a big one. Just it needed to create the folder name mentioned there to save the file.

I thought it would be automatically created, but it was not like this.

So if someone faces the same problem follow this method of creating folder in the defined location what is mentioned at the front panel.

Thanks a lot for all the members who helped me and guided me.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,643 Views)