cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot write to measurement file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I'm now acquiring data from  analog input using DAQ assistant using PXI6259 with Embedded controller PXI8186,
I'm trying to write an xlxs file format using write to measurement express vi, every time i implement no file has been created
i tried several file directory such as C:\test.xlxs    and C:\Users\name\Desktop\data test\test.xlxs
still not a single file created on my host pc nor in the PXI 8186. after i implement the program window displaying "Are you sure? Your data will not be saved to a file" and have two choice to choose Donot save or Try again
I really want to creat the file on host PC if it possible pls help Thank you in advance.

Best regard,
Wuttikrai

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,355 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author greed

Are you trying to deploy the express vi in your RT controller? You should try using the low level VIs and you may use shared variable to transfer the data to the Host. The method that you are trying may work only when you have the card in your PC. Also you will get only the last data logged in your file since you are writing the last element coming out of the loop execution. Try to restructure your code and check LabVIEW examples.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,338 Views)

Hi Wuttikrai,

Are you trying to push the data using TCP/IP vis or a network shared variable to host PC and then use the write to measurement file vi?\

Can you please send me th VI in LabVIEW 2009 version?

Regards,

Srikrishna.J

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,331 Views)

Here is the 2009 version of the code (Note: since the .xlsx format is not supported in 2009 I have configured to .tdms format, everything else remains the same)

-----

Message 4 of 13
(5,316 Views)

Dear P@Anand

Thank you very much for your kind and fast reply. Now i have reconstruct the program by  following your advice, the file is saved to the RT module but i still have no idea about the rate the data would be written in the file also i want to know about the header for each channel if it possible to have diffrent header for each channel not just the data itself. I have to apologize i am very new to LabView, if you have any furthure recomendation please tell me. Thank you again

Best regard
Wuttikrai

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,302 Views)

Please go through this link  and use the sample project for a good start. Please go through basic programming with LabVIEW RT and you can move forward.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,282 Views)

Dear P@Anand

Thanks a ton that link and your earlier suggestions really help me out.

Best regard
  Wuttikrai

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,237 Views)

does anyone know how I can reduce the number of measurements in the Write to Measurement ... I get data from an oscilloscope, and then generate a graph into another program ... but the file that it generates has lvm 1000000 measurements in a very short interval time ... how could reduce this amount also using a table, because when you insert it, the VI hangs with as much information .....??

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,172 Views)

Read data as single sample/ channel/per iteration and have a delay in your loop. Lets say if you have 1ms delay in the loop at a max you will have 1000 samples per channel on your file. Do you have any requirement to read the data at a higher sampling rate. 

@godinhoer wrote:

how could reduce this amount also using a table, because when you insert it, the VI hangs with as much information .....??

I am sure you are doing something wrong. Please post the code for improvement

-----

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,133 Views)

P@Anand wrote:

Read data as single sample/ channel/per iteration and have a delay in your loop. Lets say if you have 1ms delay in the loop at a max you will have 1000 samples per channel on your file. Do you have any requirement to read the data at a higher sampling rate. 

@godinhoer wrote:

how could reduce this amount also using a table, because when you insert it, the VI hangs with as much information .....??

I am sure you are doing something wrong. Please post the code for improvement

Is your vi creating individual files or something?Smiley SurprisedPlease post your modified code as suggested.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,106 Views)