LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot write string into 3562A

Hi, everyone, I need help!

I wrote a program to test the communication with hp3562A (Agilent). I am using Lab View(NI), USB-GPIB(82357B, Agilent).

QQ截图20161004230608.png

QQ截图20161004230700.png

As you can see, The return count of VISA write.vi is 0, definitely, I read nothing. Do someone know how to deal with this problem?

Note:

1. I set GPIB19.

2.VISA resource name can not find the resource, I manuly type "GPIB19::20::INSTR" in. Actually, VISA resource name comes nothing but refresh. But VISA open resource can find "GPIB19::20::INSTR", as you can see. I am confused with these.

3. My sinppet of MAX showed as below:

QQ截图20161004232020.png

Normally, USB-GPIB should be built as a seperate tree and "GPIB19::20::INSTR" as a instrument showed under the tree. But here is not, maybe because the USB-GPIB is Agilent so that MAX can not configure it.

4. Sometimes I can query successfully while sometimes not.(I also feel confused about this)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,899 Views)

Hi, everyone, I need help!

I wrote a program to test the communication with hp3562A (Agilent). I am using Lab View(NI), USB-GPIB(82357B, Agilent).

QQ截图20161004230608.png

QQ截图20161004230700.png

As you can see, The return count of VISA write.vi is 0, definitely, I read nothing. Do someone know how to deal with this problem?

Notes:

1. I set GPIB19.

2.VISA resource name can not find the resource, I manually type "GPIB19::20::INSTR" in. Actually, VISA resource name comes nothing but refresh. But VISA open resource can find "GPIB19::20::INSTR", as you can see. I am confused with these.

3. My sinppet of MAX showed as below:

QQ截图20161004232020.png

Normally, USB-GPIB should be built as a seperate tree and "GPIB19::20::INSTR" as a instrument showed under the tree. But here is not, maybe because the USB-GPIB is Agilent so that MAX can not configure it.

4. Sometimes I can query successfully while sometimes not.(I also feel confused about this)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,899 Views)

Have you a termination character at the end of your string command? 

Re. VISA input 

Have your tried to change the I/O Name filtering on the control? 

Have you tried to change the VISA class to GPIB Instr? 

You'll find all these settings if you right-click on the control.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,859 Views)

I have a old computer with Lab view 5.1 and PCI-GPIB, it can communicate with 3562A by using VISA write.vi. I have checked I/O filter and VISA class which are under the correct settings. I think the problem may come from the wrong configuration in MAX, which lead to the VISA resource name can not find the resource. (MAX installed in the old computer has a correct configuration for PCI-GPIB. )

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,827 Views)

Most certainly a configuration issue, see the big yellow interrogation point Miscellaneous VISA ressources in MAX.

Did you install the Agilent VISA as secondary VISA? Did you enabled the Tulip passport (in MAX go to software->NI-VISA XX.X [your NI-VISA version], click the VISA options tab, general settings-> Passports and check NiVisaTulip.dll? 

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,814 Views)