LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open Subpanel in Executable after 2009 upgrade

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an application that I had built into an executable in LV 8.6 that successfully opened several subpanels using VI server calls. I use the App.Kind property to programmatically determine if the application is running in the Development System or as an executable. In either case, I first use the Open Application Reference.vi to get a reference to the localhost instance, then I pass that reference to the Open VI Reference.vi, along with the VI path. In the development system case, I pass the absolute path to the VI to be opened in the subpanel; in the executable, I simply pass the VI name. Since each subpanel VI is included in the executable build (within the .EXE file; always included), the RTE has never had any problems finding the VI files and opening the subpanels.

However, after upgrading to LV2009, my executable cannot find the VIs any more. I verified that they are all designated as "Always Included" in the build specification, and I have rebuilt the executable many times, trying different possible file paths (both absolute and relative) to try to coax the RTE to find the necessary files. But every way I try it, still no luck. I keep getting stuck with Error 7 -- File not found.

Are there any known issues with LV2009 and VI server calls within executables? Does anyone have any ideas as to what might have changed that would screw up a previously-functional executable build between versions 8.6 and 2009? I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,686 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TurboPhil

Perhaps this will help:

Error 7 When Running My Executable Built in LabVIEW 2009

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/EEE8A5650DAC28558625762F0070A384

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 2
(2,678 Views)