From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get system date. My input format is %Y%m%d and the output is also a format 'YYYYMMDD'?

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cloud05

@altenbach wrote:
Jeff, he does not get any numerical output, just letters, if I understood right.

If that is the case something broke and badly since even if the format specifiers stopped being recognized the function should return the chararter litteral as in "Y" not "YYYY"

It would probably be better to use the more robust scan into string

!1.png 

A shake of my magic 8-Ball gives me an strange thought that the LabVIEW version and / or the VS Version are not "English" localized. since format date/time string has some unusual system dependancies.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,098 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@altenbach wrote:
Jeff, he does not get any numerical output, just letters, if I understood right.

If that is the case something broke and badly since even if the format specifiers stopped being recognized the function should return the chararter litteral as in "Y" not "YYYY"

<snippet/snip>

A shake of my magic 8-Ball gives me an strange thought that the LabVIEW version and / or the VS Version are not "English" localized. since format date/time string has some unusual system dependancies.

I was kind of thinking about that, too.  I was hoping that looking at the timestamp control advanced properties would give us a clue as to what it was expecting as a format string.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,085 Views)

Yes 

I notice that there are abnormalities too on setting TimeStamp Date/Time to Now by clicking 'Set Time to Now' (see attached file). Clicking the button has no any reaction and seems it cannot find current date/time.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,068 Views)

Here's the advanced settings of Time Stamp billko.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,059 Views)

I'm stumped.  I'd call that a workaround rather than a fix.  I hope it doesn't manifest itself in some other subtle way, too.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,046 Views)

Capture.PNG

And that would be the trouble circled in blue.  No system timezone.  Is that a "Genuine Windows" install?

Message 16 of 18
(1,023 Views)

Yes this is Genuine Windows..  how can I fix this time zone issue?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(991 Views)

On my Windows 7 PC Taipei Standard time is handled fine.  Perhaps there is a missing OS patch on the problem system. or a registry entry corupted

Windows DST patches are available here

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(947 Views)