LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot bring the tools palette into view on a remote computer

Solved!
Go to solution
Not too mention. The INI line save floating panel location. Boolean defaults true. With tat Dev invornment I'd make it false

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,578 Views)

Now that I'm back at a PC  that ini key is;

saveFloaterLocations=True

Its irritating to have those floaters pop back to the default location "every" time BUT! in this instance its less irritating than having them off screen.

I haven't played extensively with it "I Think" it deletes the floater location ini keys on launch or tells the floaters to not look for a location key.  (/\/\/\\/\/\) I'll wave my hand and see if someone more knowledgeable on the application of that token peeps up.

For what its worth...... After well over a decade Programming in LabVIEW (since before the inception of "Projects")  I audited the LabVIEW Core online training.  You can drag-n-drop from Windows explorer to Project explorer.  <Face-palm moment> I never knew that and had never seen it on the forums!  If you have a trick or tip up your sleve that "Everyone knows" post it-   Trust me- not "Everyone" Knows it!  Even if the OP knew that the next reader might just have not known it. 

Just because our names a bold and posts are many does not mean we cannot learn somethingSmiley Wink 

-You can teach this old dog a new trick!- Jeff <that ought to hit the proverbs thread> I'll let P do the honors, the LMB says "Soup-is-on"  I'm sure my French isn't up to a good translationSmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,569 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:
Just because somebody is a knight does not mean they know everything.  We are all still learning.  And there are a few simple tricks that can be learned by everybody.  Never be afraid to state the obvious.  And if not Ray, somebody else may come along later and see your "obvious" trick and learn something.

Now that is a new learning for me 🙂 

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,553 Views)

I doubt I'll ever stop learning...

Strangely enough, I recall reading it now that everyone mentionned it, but although highly intuitive, I never thought of it.. 

Being a Knight simply means we have too much time on our hands... LOL!!   😄

Spoiler
Hey!!!  Where did all those rotten tomatoes come from??!!!
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,536 Views)