From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access network shared variable with compactRIO

My network consist of a PC (Windows 7) that runs the SVE engine. It is connected to compactRIO via Ethernet. Nothing else is in the network. CompactRIO has IP 169.254.4.42 and PC is tested with DHCP as well as 169.254.4.42.

In PC-side I have a library with 2 shared variables, with same properties, I am using variable SharedTestVariable1_dbl (double) to write from PC and read from compactRIO. When running the PC-side application (networktest.vi), it runs fine without errors, and variable changes nicely in the NI Distributed System Manager, so I am inclined to assume that the PC-side is good and working.

When running PC and compactRIO, the cRIO-VI shows an error:

code -1950679035 at "Open and Verify Connection" in crionetworktest.vi

Possible reason(s):

Labview: (Hex 0x8BBB0005) Unable to locate the shared variable in the Shared Variable Engine (SVE). Deployment of this shared variable may have failed, the SVE has not started, or the SVE is too busy to respond to this request.

I don't really know how to proceed. Do someone have idea for me to try?

Here's a screenshot:

Sharedvar_forumpic.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,955 Views)

I believe this could give you some light.

BTW: Stop using Continous Run 🙂

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,950 Views)