LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Start Multiple Tasks on One cDAQ Chassis

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running multiple modules in a NI cDAQ-9172 chassis.  Module 1 is an NI 9213 TC module.  Module 2 is a 9211 TC module.  I can create and start a task on Mod1, and I can create a task on Mod2.  However, when I try to start the task on Mod2, I get error -200022, "Resource requested by this task has already been reserved by a different task."  I've never had this problem before.  I hope I am missing something obvious.  If anyone can help, I would appreciate it greatly.

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,615 Views)

As far as I know, you can only have 1 Analog input task on a cDAQ.

You can combind the reading from both modules in the same task.

And just a comment on your code:

You need to learn to stay away from local variables and Stacked Sequence Structures.

If you think you need that SSS, then you are way better off with implementing a state machine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,601 Views)

I often run more than one analog input task on cDAQ-9184/88's, but i also encountered the same problem when assisting a student using a legacy chassis. However, there is still a limit on just one task on a single c-module.

Best regards,

Jarle Ekanger, MSc, PhD, CLD
Flow Design Bureau AS

- "The resistance of wires in LabVIEW is not dependent on their length."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,549 Views)

I forced the boss to bite the bullet and ordered a new chassis.

Forbes Black
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,523 Views)
Why do you need two different tasks? Your use of locals and the stacked sequence structure show a lack of understanding LabVIEW. You may have serious misconceptions about DAQ as well.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,512 Views)

Nasty and condescending as always, Dennis.  Why do you have to be like that?  Why not offer solutions rather than insults?  Sorry if much of my LabVIEW coding is self-taught, but I have written some VIs that do amazing things.  If you have anything helpful to offer in terms of how I can read from multiple AI modules at various different sampling rates, please feel free to post them.  If you just want to hurl insults, I request you find someone else to vent on.

Forbes Black
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,495 Views)
What is so condescending about pointing out what has already been said? Your code does show a lack of some basic understanding LabVIEEW nd your comments here do show a lack of understanding of some basic DAQ principles. If you would explain why you think you need different sample rates, I'll give you some actual suggestions.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,493 Views)