LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Save or open anything

Hello,

i cannot save or open anything in my LabVEW projekt. It stuck me as I want save a new created SubVI. I use LabVIEW 14.0.1.

When I push File\Save or File\Open a messagebox opens for a fraction of a second. 

Does anybody know a solution to the probem?

Best regards

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,123 Views)

Has it worked previously? Have you changed your system in any ways? Do you have an evaluation version or a full version?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,078 Views)

Yes, it worked previously. I didn't changed anything on my system. I work with a full version.

As i started to work with LabVIEW it worked normaly. Then I programmed circa four houers with LabVIEW and then I try to open something. But it hasn't worked out. I try to save my project but it hasn't worked out. The only way I saw is to close LabVIEW. Than I restarted it and it works normally. But my last changes in my code was lost.

Do you have any idea what the reason could be for my problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,062 Views)

Where is your project/VI saved on your computer? Do you have permissions to create or edit other files in that folder?

This is unexpected behaviour, but there is a simple workaround. Should this happen again, try copying your entire code to blank VI, you should be able to save then.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,040 Views)

My Projekt is save in an folder directly on c. I have admin permissions on my computer. Also on the folder of my project. 

Thank you for your suggestion, but i tried it. Unfortunately was that not a solution. The new blank VI also could not save himself. 

Yesterday, I had the problem again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,016 Views)

Not knowing more of your system, the best idea is probably to reinstall the program.  :~\

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,961 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,947 Views)

Check your keyboard?  Maybe the return key is stuck every so often?  Just a wild guess because you said the dialog goes away as soon as it comes up.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,942 Views)

@billko wrote:

Check your keyboard?  Maybe the return key is stuck every so often?  Just a wild guess because you said the dialog goes away as soon as it comes up.

This is actually a good suggestion.  I had a strange case where I couldn't right click any objects.  I tried right clicking on a front panel control to get to its properties but the tools palette came up.  I then left click and multiple objects were selected.  Turns out my keyboard went into some crazy mode where the shift key needed to be pressed once to enable and pressed again to disable, instead of being held.  I unplugged the keyboard and plugged it back in and it went back to normal.  If the enter key is being held down with software or hardware, strange things could happen.

Message 9 of 14
(2,925 Views)
Yeah, keyboard going crazy has happened to me too. Typically shift or alt.
/Y
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,912 Views)