LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Get MAX Working Right

Hi,

I am running Windows 7.  I work in a mechanical engineering lab and we have a Labview program that uses Labview 2011, so I'm forced to use the 2011 version. We have a small program that reads thermocouples through an NI DAQMX.

I am having the hardest time getting this thing working correctly though. After I install the software suite and drivers and start up NI MAX I get this error:

The exception occurred in the NIMax process in the function CmxExecutionThreadPool::DoWorkNonUI.
See these files for details:
C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX\Logs\20160720_091809-NIMax-0000018C.log
C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX\Logs\20160720_091809-NIMax-0000018C.dmp

After which, MAX is unresponsive and I have to close it.

I have tried to do a complete uninstall and reinstall at least 5 times now and everytime I get this error. I'm installing from the cd's.

It's becoming increasingly frustrating. We have another computer in our lab that is identical in every way to mine and installed Labview on it and it all worked perfectly, but for some reason on my computer I run into an error every time.

Someone please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,980 Views)

Hi,

I am running Windows 7.  I work in a mechanical engineering lab and we have a Labview program that uses Labview 2011, so I'm forced to use the 2011 version. We have a small program that reads thermocouples through an NI DAQMX.

I am having the hardest time getting this thing working correctly though. After I install the software suite and drivers and start up NI MAX I get this error:

The exception occurred in the NIMax process in the function CmxExecutionThreadPool::DoWorkNonUI.
See these files for details:
C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX\Logs\20160720_091809-NIMax-0000018C.log
C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX\Logs\20160720_091809-NIMax-0000018C.dmp

I have tried to do a complete uninstall and reinstall at least 5 times now and everytime I get this error. I'm installing from the cd's.

It's becoming increasingly frustrating. We have another computer in our lab that is identical in every way to mine and installed Labview on it and it all worked perfectly, but for some reason on my computer I run into an error every time.

Someone please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,966 Views)
You could perhaps install the latest version of NI-MAX? It will work with older versions of LabVIEW and DAQmx.

Also, have you tried resetting the NI-MAX database? http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,974 Views)

I tried that as well, I updated to the newest version of MAX and updated the NIDAQMX drivers to the most recent drivers that would work with Labview 2011.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,972 Views)