LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you dynamically disable or enable VIs?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys,

I have a coworker trying to remotely troubleshoot some issues because of licensing issues.

The remote environment has LabVIEW installed with some proprietary toolkits.

We would like to troubleshoot and run the code at our local environment but since we don't have the license, the toolkits VIs creates "broken arrows"

It's like having a missing VIs.

Is there an easy way to bypass this? I was thinking of different workarounds like case structures and conditional disable structures but none of them prove to be easy.

Case structures won't allow the VI to run if subVIs are missing. Conditional Disable Structure will require us to Enable and Disable each of structure for wherever the toolkit VIs are called.

If there is a global setting like a global variable that could be applied, it would help us so much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,769 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author doradorachan

Yes.  Use a conditional disable structure.  You just define a symbol setting in your project..  So when you want to change which disabled case will run, you just change the value of that symbol in the project.

Message 2 of 3
(2,762 Views)

I thought I tested conditional disable structure with the symbol value.. but I guess I tested it wrong.

Thanks it's amazing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,748 Views)