LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you access an Email through Microsoft Exchange server without an account set up in Outlook?

Hi,

I am needing to retrieve some emails from an email address on an Exchange server. Unfortunately I am limited by not being allowed to just add the email account onto Outlook. I have been searching to see if there are any examples of this being done, but I haven't been able to find any yet. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,777 Views)

Does that email address have access to POP or IMAP? I thought Labview used to have libraries for that. Can you share a bit more of what you're trying to do?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,737 Views)

I don't think LabVIEW can natively retrieve email, but using some ActiveX method it might work.

The LabVIEW email vi's are only for sending email through an SMTP server.

But to answer your question in general, no you do not need to use or have an account setup in Outlook to retrieve mail from an Exchange server, any IMAP compatible mail client will work.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 3 of 4
(2,727 Views)

Hi, Babbers. Just confirming what RTSLVU said, the native LabVIEW email VIs are all about sending rather than receiving. There's documentation on them here.

If you want to try to use ActiveX to solve your problem, here is some documentation on using ActiveX in LabVIEW 2016. If you're using a different version of LabVIEW, similar documentation can be found for all versions if you google the article's title + your LabVIEW version.

Hopefully this helps!

NickelsAndDimes
Product Support Engineer - sbRIO
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,687 Views)